Topic #1: The practicalities of defining a software MVP
Using MOSCOW: List the extra customer demands’ and do a minimal research to verify if the demands realistic.
- Create a basic UI to make it simple& easy to understand what the features should cover.
- Keep a log of customers’ wish list and rank the most desired features. Then decide if to add it to your core product or as add-ons.
- Build external services to the software
- Design / Build a core functionality / product with an option to add extra services / add-ons. Enable creation of selling packages to answer the demand of different customer segments in the market.
- Try to propose workarounds to customers’ process within the system to make it cheaper and quicker.
Topic #2: Lean teams: To what extent the team should be take decisions about the product?
- 2 team should exist:
- A business team: Leaders that have the responsibility to speak with the customer and to represent the company on business aspects. they will choose the business / tech people to represent the solution to the customer.
- The technical team
- The goals should be clear to all.
- The team should be empowered to make decisions
- Escalation criteria should be set, to address problems
- The suggested process:
- When customer requirements are collected; only the business people should be involved. If technical gaps are found then the tech guy enters the picture.
- Sing post of danger: The team should react when risk is exposed:
- The team should stop
- Define the risk and alternatives to what they should do / escalation.
- Risks are taken in consideration when the backlog / requirement are prioritized.